Saturday 29 June 2013

My Man Who Loves Jesus More Than Me.



Introducing Julian!

He is the man I have called my boyfriend for nearly a year now. He is my best friend. The one I tell everything to. The one I laugh with. The person I cry too. The one who knows me so well its scary.  The one who sees all of my many flaws. The one who always points me back to Jesus. The one I imagine my life with.

We meet more than 2 years ago through the Christian group at Uni. We were just good friends who spent lots of time together and when we decided to date it just felt natural.

People keep asking me how Jules is going to cope while I am away. But the thing is, he is the one who encouraged me to go. Dont get me wrong, he would much rather me stay. 3 months is a long time. While I am away I will be missing Christmas and our birthdays, and I will be in a place with little internet and phone access. Yet he was the one who prompted me to search for opportunities, prayed with me for it and encouraged me to go.

I remember one of my youth leaders in high school asked us what we were looking for in guys. We answered things like good looks and nice personality. She said that she thought the best thing was when the guy loved God more than he loved you. At the time I thought that was silly, but now I see so much wisdom in it.


Jules is a man who believes that there is nothing greater than making disciples of all nations and sharing Christ's love through service. He is putting his love for Jesus above his own desires. 

He even puts his love for Jesus before his love for me.

And I am so grateful for that. 


2 comments: