Wednesday 23 October 2013

Mental preparing

Its 5 weeks to go until I leave and there is heaps to do. There is packing to do, forms and details to organise.

But I think that the biggest thing of all that I need to do is get mentally ready.

I think it would be safe to say that I am going to be pushed out of my comfort zone while I am away. At first I was feeling really nervous about this. I was worried it would be to much. I was worried I wouldn't be able to handle it. And worried I would just want to come home.

And I think I was right, I don't think I will be able to handle it alone.

Thank goodness for God!

I am so glad that he will be right beside me the whole way, guiding me and pouring out his mercies on me. There is no way that I would be able to do it if it won't for him.

So this is the biggest way that I am preparing for Africa: I am getting close to God. I am looking towards his character and finding my comfort, joy and hope in his strength. Cause if I don't rely on that while I am away I wont be able to do it.
image from http://pktfuel.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment