Sunday 23 February 2014

Joy


So before I left for Africa, a group of people and I made a bunch of toys for the kids here. Beautiful handmade toys. For a number of reasons I changed my mind about who to give the toys to. I found a group of kids who where even more in need of these toys then the kids here at TLC.

There is a lovely lady who has started an amazing daycare at the slum right next to TLC. She opened it so the children would be able to get some form of education and so they where able to have some form of supervision during the day. 

Its nothing special. They have 2 tin sheds (one pictured below), which they use when it is wet, although there are lots of holes in the roof. They spend most of the day outside playing in the dirt.They have an open fire where they can cook food for the kids, food which the kids are extremely grateful for, as sometimes it can be there only meals of the day. 


I went down there for a few hours to play with the kids and give them the toys. 


I feel like a picture speaks a thousand words, so here are a few pictures.












Thank you to all the people who made toys. They kids appreciated them so much. The joy on there faces was amazing. 

Also thanks to those who donated money. At the moment the daycare does not have enough blankets for all the kids during 

1 comment: