Thursday 27 February 2014

Money well spent


Before I left for South Africa I through a fundraiser to raise some money for TLC. The money so far has been spent on essential kid things, including nappies, food, baby wipes, baby cereal, nappy cream, formular and kids furniture. 

It has been great, the money has gone so far. It has supplied the entire nursery of these things for the 3 months that I have been here. Around 1/3 of the money has been spent.

There is a beautiful little girl here at TLC who has stolen my heart. She is much older than all of the other children in the nursery, but is still here because she has a condition which means she is unable to walk or talk and has very little movement in her arms. She is extremely clever and extremely loving. Even though she is unable to walk or talk she is still an active little girl. She crawls around and utilized all the movement she is able to do. 

Every so often she needs a vital surgery to help her maintain this movement that she has. However the surgery needs to be paid for up front and is rather expensive. In fact it is exactly (down pretty much to the nearest dollar) the amount of fundraiser money I have left. 

After pray, I have decided to put the rest of the money towards this little girls procedure. I think it is an extremely valuable thing for her, and therefore an extremely valuable way to spend the money. 

I would be more than happy to chat more to anyone who generously gave money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment