Thursday 27 February 2014

The Scrapbooking Room

Here at TLC there is a little room called the scrapbooking room. Its full of scrapbooking equipment, paper, stickers glue and photos. Here the memories we make with the children can be scrapbooked, so when they are older and, God willing, have forever families they will be able to have a record of their childhood.

We scrapbook lots of things for them. Like there first steps, bath time, birthdays, special outings, their first tastes of solid food. 

I love it because I feel like its something that makes TLC different from other childrens homes/orphanages. It acknowledges that each child’s life is unique and worthy of documenting. It makes it a family environment rather than an institution.

I have been spending quiet a bit of time in here over the past few weeks, documenting my time with the kids. My hope is that when they are older they will be able to see how much they where loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment